Fixfast strip sealants are manufactured from butyl rubber, which is compounded with selected fillers and plasticisers, to create a fast and effective seal for lap joints. Strip sealants are extremely strong and flexible, which allows them to accommodate movement, such as the expansion and contraction of metal.
The range includes a strip sealant that complies with Building Regulations Approved Document Part L. Intumescent strip sealants, which are tested in accordance with BS476 Part 22 1987 and can provide 30 minute fire and smoke resistance, are available.
Fixfast Class A strip sealants are suitable for sealing in the following roofing and cladding applications:
- Side and end laps in steel and aluminium external metal sheeting
- End laps in metal liner sheeting
- Metal flashings
- Ridges and eaves in combination with foam fillers
- Penetrations to roof and wall cladding
- Joints in vapour control layers