Continuing professional development seminars from Fixfast
Fixfast are committed to helping architects and specifiers achieve their 35 hours (minimum) of Continuing Professional Development per year, and currently offer two RIBA approved seminars.
1 – “A guide to the correct attachment of the building envelope”. This highlights some of the key issues around external building envelope attachment, including:
- Corrosion and how to avoid it.
- Workmanship issues.
- Understanding Rainscreen attachment.
- Correct specification of fasteners for corrosive environments such as swimming pools.
- Understanding Single Ply roofing attachment.
2 - "A guide to the specification of permanent safe access and collective protective systems". This highlights vital considerations when specifying permanent access to raised areas, and covers:
- Who the design responsibility lies with.
- British and EU design standards.
- Working at height standards that specifiers need to be aware of.