5th January 2021
Fixfast's COVID-19 Statement
On Saturday 31st October 2020, the UK government announced there will be a further lockdown in England, from Thursday 5th November. Following on from this development we wanted to provide our customers with an update on Fixfast's response. Despite the restrictions and challenging times suffered by us all, Fixfast has had a strong year thanks to the tireless work of its team and ongoing support from our supply chain partners and customers.
The detail of the announcement confirmed that both construction sites and manufacturing facilities should remain open. We, therefore, intend to remain open for as long as we are able to do so safely, for both our Team members and our customers.
We feel that it is imperative that we continue to supply products to those businesses who are working to improve the infrastructure of our country. In particular, it's important that we support the businesses working on government contracts designed to help combat the virus. We urge our partners in construction across the country to do what they can to protect themselves and their teams while they carry out this vital work.
- Current Contact Hours are 8am - 5pm
- The Customer Collection Points are closed, all orders will be delivered by our partner courier companies
- We will not be allowing visits to any of our premises unless they are absolutely essential, and by prior arrangement only
- At busy times we can experience a high volume of calls, if we're unable to answer please do leave a message or try an alternative contact method
We will continue to follow the government bulletins and act accordingly to abide by the latest government and WHO (World Health Organisation) guidance.
The majority of our office-based staff have been working from home since the first lockdown in March. We continue to work as a team to remain vigilant and follow the NHS and WHO advice on how to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Those few who remain are those in our manufacturing and logistics teams. These team members are being protected the best we can by increasing our cleaning schedule and distancing their workspaces. Additionally, we are working to support them the best we can following the recommended guidance and introducing self-isolation for those as a greater risk.
Stock holding and supply chain
Fixfast routinely holds significant stocks of most product lines within the UK. Additional steps were taken to secure our stocks in preparation for the UK’s departure from the EU. This has resulted in even greater stock levels than usual. This has provided us with additional resilience during the Spring outbreak of the virus, enabling us to continue to supply our customers.
The past months have seen some stock-outs where our partners in the supply chain have been unable to source raw materials or keep up with demand. We are doing what we can to minimise the effect this may have on our customers and ask for your support while we all work through this difficult situation.
This understandably may change over the coming weeks and months but we’ll maintain this page update our customers if significant stock issues arise.
Protecting our customers
At this time, we are reducing the number of face to face visits by our team. Where it is necessary a member of our sales or technical team can visit providing there is adequate protection in place for both parties. If you require a site or sales visit then please do get in touch.
To enable us to continue to service our customers we have implemented video meetings in addition to our telephone, email and webchat communication methods.
Please contact the office on 0800 304 7616 or 01732 882 387 and we'll be happy to discuss your needs or set up a video meeting.
Protecting our staff
To reduce the risk of a member of our team contracting the virus we have implemented the following policies:
- Implemented a work from home policy for all office staff
- All staff have been provided with professional training on how to recognise and prevent the spread of COVID-19
- No international travel for business purposes
- Essential use of public transport only
- Only essential site visits will take place and providing adequate protection is in place
- Provision of hand sanitisers and additional hygiene products for our staff and visitors
- Increased the companies cleaning schedule
- No handshakes or unnecessary physical contact whilst at work
- Immediate quarantine following any symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with anyone to has contracted the virus.
- Advise that the team consult the NHS guidelines on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Risk assessment - download a copy here