Created for individuals, couples and families, Greenwich Square was created by Hadley Mace as a new quarter for London, designed for everyone, whatever their needs.
With a choice of apartments, maisonettes and townhouses, a selection of cafés and restaurants, a range of amenities including:
- A stylish gym with the latest, fully accessible fitness technology
- Two swimming pools including a learner pool for little ones and families
- A bright, friendly café – perfect for meeting up with friends
- An ultra modern library facility with the latest digital technology
- And much more…
Specialist roofing and cladding contractor Industrial Construction Sussex Ltd (ICS) were employed by the main contractor Hadley Mace to provide the cladding works.
The Greenwich Centre - Greenwich Wave is a striking building with a stunning ‘wave’ roof (hence the name) and is clad with a ‘fixing-free’ system - this means that all the fasteners had to have a small low profile head to enable them to slot neatly into the channels in between the cassettes that create the final finish.
ICS looked to Fixfast to supply all the fastener systems. For this wave roof, Fixfast supplied thousands of the low profile pan head fasteners in stainless steel, specially powder coated to match the colour of the panels.
In addition to the thousands of fasteners that were supplied by Fixfast, also included in the package were many square metres of vapour control layer installed behind the facade and the timber cladding on the soffits.
Fixfast also supplied the fasteners for the installation of the timber soffit cladding, which had to be manufactured in high-quality stainless steel as they would be in contact with the timber for years to come.
- Architect Make Architects
- Sub contractor Industrial Construction Sussex Ltd
- Main contractor Hadley Mace
- Location Greenwich, London, UK
- Building use Apartments, maisonettes, townhouses and a selection of amenities